Sunday 30 March 2014

Below the snow line

For the past 3 days I have been trying desperately not to break, snap or twist an knee/ankle.

Tomorrow, we say 'goodbye' to the Mountain Leader Training Walking Group Leader Award and 'hello' to the Hill and Moorland Leader Award.


I am not sure who actually decides on the name, but if it were up to me, I would be renaming the award the Bog and Heather Award.


Having spent 21 years working in the mountains, on Saturday night, I can safety say that it is the first time that I have ever been met off the hill by 2 Game Keepers and 2 Bobbies.

Apparently our poor weather navigation practice/night navigation was deemed 'suspicious', and despite informing the local farmer who's ground we were on that we would be trundling around the hills in the evening, apparently this wasn't good enough.  Really ....