Sunday 14 December 2014

Finally finding the powder

I honestly can't remember the last time I went on a proper ski holiday so it's a complete joy to be sitting in our little rabbit hutch apartment with extremely tired legs.


Last year was a bad ski season for me, having bust my (good) knee on practically day one and then having to ski like a very nervous granny to survive the season.  

Why is it that we don't ski for nearly 8 months of the year and then just expect to jump on a set of planks and become the next Glen Plake?  Well, as the years go by I am slowly learning that I need to build up my ski legs.


So, I am over joyed that I have survived 3 days of skiing now without blowing a knee.  


The other good thing about skiing near the piste's is that there are hot chocolate stops.  Really looking forward to tomorrow because I will be skinning in the most inappropriate clothing just to get that line.