Sunday 27 August 2017

Bookie books

It was Russell Brand who I heard speak about Bookie Books first and it's kind of stuck.

As I depart the UK for a fairly lengthy spell in the big mountains once again, it's time to stock up on the bookie books.

Why do I choose bookie books and not computer books?



1.  I don't have to worry about having to charge up the device.

2.  I don't have to worry about squinting to see the screen in bright light when sitting outside.

3.  You can trade a bookie book.

4.  It can be a talking point when, after 6 weeks living together, conversation starts to dry up.

5.  It can get you away from the mountains in more ways than one.

6.  I spend enough time looking at screens and it's good to have a break.

I am once again pulling on the Adventure Peaks hat and am bound for Manaslu.  Since this peak is entirely in Nepal, I don't expect there to be any problems with visa's or permits :)

All expedition updates will be via the Adventure Peaks News page - whoop!