Wednesday 8 June 2011

they don't make them like they used to

I worked at Glenmore Lodge back in 1996 on their 'Nightwatch Scheme'.

I was young, keen, unbelievable naive, probably very annoying and motivated.

There was one person whilst working at the Lodge that absolutely petrified me.


He never had a real name, just 2 letters -  K and G.

He built himself a throne at the bottom of Huntley's Cave where he could study his students and he gave me some brutal feedback whilst on my winter mountain leader training.

I hadn't seen KG since then.

Roll the clock forward to yesterday when the girls decided to go for a bike ride through the Burma Road and by some twist in the tale were joined by a Mr KG.


Little did I know that Heather also had fond memories of KG, so some 15 years later it was a little bit wierd to say the least.

I said to KG "I thought you were all Gods" whilst KG very promptly responsed with "So did we."

Wasn't quite the pootle that Heather & Di were expecting, but one of those priceless days ...

Oh, the photo's?

You need to look at the website for that one.