Sunday 25 November 2012

the start of my winter climbing season

My winter climbing season finally got off the ground today.


Todays criteria:

1. Really don't want to drive too far because I will probably forget something.


2. Really don't want a sparrow fart start.

3. Ideally a short walk in.

4. Preferably something I hadn't climbed before.

After a troll through the SMC Journal with some direction from Simon Richardson's excellent database, I found what I was looking for.

By far the hardest part of the day was finding the top of the Recovery Gully for the descent into Creagan Cha-no.



Haven't a clue what we climbed, but enjoyable still the same.  Never forgot anything, never thought I was going to die at any stage, never saw a sole all day and managed to navigate in and out without getting lost - bonus.