Wednesday 15 January 2014

Win some, lose some

On Monday, the magic just wasn't flowing in team Di and for lots of reasons we never managed to set foot on a route, let alone climb one.


In summer, I call these my 'selling my rock shoes days'.  In winter, it is just part of the game.


I suppose what makes it worse is that it was the first nice day for ages and it was a novelty to be able to have a conversation walking in.


Yesterday, we retraced our steps and were pretty confident that we would get a route under our belts.  There are some things that you can get away with forgetting but a helmet probably isn't one of them :(  


So, as Colin enjoyed (I use the word cautiously) his first taste of winter climbing, Derek learnt a very hard lesson.


Somehow, I don't think Derek will be forgetting his helmet again.