Tuesday 28 April 2015

The big picture

It seems somewhat frivolous talking about the last 3 days when looking at the bigger picture.


I have been watching and reading about the situation in Nepal with a heavy heart.  It upsets me when Nepal is called a poor country - in the 20 years I have been travelling there, it is anything but poor.  The environment is rich, the culture is rich and the people that live there are rich with smiles, with laughter and friendship.  So, when you see the environment get ripped apart; the culture being destroyed and the smiles, laugher and friendship disappearing, it is only then that I will agree by saying that Nepal is poor.



Dave Hahn has just published this on the Mount Rainier Mountaineering website.  I challenge anybody to smile after reading it.

Please read this if you are thinking about donating.