Friday 4 March 2011

the frog murderer

 I didn't have any friends to play with today so I thought I would indulge myself in one of those munro things.

Sgurr a'Mhaoraich - which translates as something like peak of the shellfish but will always be known as the peak with the metal footholds - is located deep in the motherland.

There were times today that I thought I was the only person on this little island.  I never saw a sole all day - not even a wiff or a boot print.

The only company I had was the hinds that are established back on the mountains and the stags, doing stag things.

And then there were the frogs....

I will now confess to being a very careful car driver (note: specific reference to car and not bike) sitting on rather alot of points. 

As I pootled back along the road to the A87, I saw a frog lolloping across the road.

I rammed on the brakes and waited patiently as little frog continued on its adventure.

Feeling very very smug, I then continued pottling along the road - after all, not much to rush home for.

Turned next bend and saw #2 frog lolloping across the road.

Unfortunatley, my reflex's weren't that great this time and frog #2 in now a very squashed frog ....

Do they not know that it is still winter and that they really shouldn't be out lolloping across roads?