Thursday 17 March 2011

two jolly climbing days


Dave asked if I fancied a couple of mellow days on the hill.

Fabby me thinks.....

Yesterday we followed the meandering trench into the Ben.

We opted for the Douglas Boulder and if I am perfectly honest I will say that I haven't a clue what we climbed.

Lets put it this way, if it is in the guidebook we probably climbed a bit of it with a little bit of Hollinger variation in between .....

Right Hand Chimney

Left Hand Chimney

North -West Face Route

South West Ridge

Some many hours later and 8 pitches of rather "cheeky", "complicated" and down right "scrittery" climbing we finally got to the top of *cough* the boulder. 

Today, I asked for an even mellower day so we headed into Stob Coire an Lochan.

Scabby Chimney was the route of choice and we even managed to get back to the cars without our headtorches - bonus.

The next time Dave asks if I want a mellow couple of days I might be a little bit more prepared :)