Friday 8 August 2014

Achnashellach adventures

Most of my climbing partners are either knackered (i.e. injured), in foreign places or working.


So once again I find myself pouring over the corbett book.  Corbetts are normally singletons so to get 2 done in a day was a complete bonus. 


I met Martin yesterday, a lone walker who was out to enjoy the solitude that the hills provide - that is until an excitable Di comes along.  As much as I enjoy my own company on the hills, sometimes it's nice to put the world to right with somebody that you don't know.


I couldn't do 2 days of bagging hills, so this morning I opted for the Coulin Pass & Coire Lair Allison - as Susie puts it an "unbeatable combination of stalker paths and mountain scenery".


Sure is a lot easier in trainers and not pushing a bike or carrying a winter climbing sack.